In a previous post I told of a way to make hash oil with Everclear using the very dangerous double broiler method. This is a follow up to that post detailing a very safe and fool-proof method of making hash oil using either Everclear or isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol.
You will need:
2. A bottle or two of alcohol: Everclear or isopropyl (The higher the alcohol content the better.)
3. A large glass jar or similar container with a sealable lid
4. A few large coffee filters or cheesecloth
5. A large pan or baking dish
6. A razor blade, old credit card, or some other scraping device
7. A glass vial or vials depending on quantity (optional)
8. An eye-dropper (optional)
First, grind up the weed as much as possible and put it in a jar no more than 3/4 of the way full. Pour in the alcohol so that the weed is completely covered. Put the lid on, or cover the jar so that it is sealed. Let the mixture sit for a day or so, occasionally mixing it or giving it a shake.
The next day, strain out the weed, first through a metal strainer and then through a coffee filter or cheesecloth. You could give the weed a little rinse if you have any alcohol left over.
Once filtered, transfer the marijuana infused alcohol to a large open dish, such as a baking pan. The bigger the pan, the faster the alcohol will evaporate. Let it sit until the alcohol has completely evaporated leaving you with dark, thick hash oil.
Scrape the pan using a razor blade, credit card or similar tool. At this time you could warm the hash oil slightly and use an eye dropper to put it into a glass vile for easy storage.